Week 2 Fantasy Football Recap
Standout Stars and Substandard Stiffs
- Brady…466 yds 3 TD
- Roethlisberger……369 yds 3 TD
- C. Palmer……351 yds 3 TD/ 1 INT
- D. Williams….77 yds, 3 TD….4 rec, 15 yds
- M. Jones……..123 yds, 2 TD….3 rec, 23 yds
- D. Lewis…..40 yds, 1 TD…6 rec, 89 yds
- Fitzgerald…..8 rec, 112 yds, 3 TD
- A. Robinson.…..6 rec, 155 yds 2 TD
- A. Brown…..9 rec, 195 yds, 1 TD
- Smith…..191 yds, 2 INT’s
- Bradford….. 224 yds, 1 TD/ 2 INT
- Luck….250 yds, 1 TD/ 3 INT
- CJ Anderson…..27 yds…..1 rec 2 yds
- L. Miller……14 yds…5 rec, 28 yds
- Hyde…..43 yds….4 rec, 18 yds
- A. Johnson…..3 rec 27 yds
- D. Adams…..5 rec, 33 yds
- M. Wallace……3 rec, 38 yds
Thoughts and theories from Week 2…..
- The New York Jets are for real!. Coming into this year alot people were wondering how new HC Todd Bowles would make it in a city with big expectations. Bowles is known for his defensive schemes and showed why last night against Andrew Luck. They forced the Pro Bowler into 3 INTS and gave him little time to execute. The Jets are 2-0 and the playoffs do not seem like a mirage in 2015.
- Don’t look now, but Johnny Football may be ready to take center stage. He engineered a week 2 win against the against the Titans by executing a great gameplan by Coach Pettine. Manziel attempted only 15 passes and used the speed of Travis Benjamin to burn the titan defenders for 2 Touchdowns. If the gameplan is run oriented and watered down, Manziel just might be able to succeed in this league.
- What is going on with the Philadelphia Eagles? In an off-season full of shrewd moves and questionable trades, Chip Kelly has led his team to an embarrassing first 2 weeks. Sam Bradford looks confused and hesitant. Byron Maxwell looks like a bust. The offensive line couldn’t open up holes for Bo Jackson. Too many questions and too much to fix. Is the the Dream Team Part 2?
- The injuries in week 2 have continued to mount. Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, Tevon Coleman, Drew Brees, Eddie Lacy, Kiko Alonso, and Luke Kuechly. These are some of the most notable injuries suffered in week 2. This is going to be a long fantasy year, so hopefully your bench is deep.
Tyler Eifert continued to show he is a force for the Bengals as long as he can stay healthy….Antonio Brown showed us why he is the best receiver in fantasy football…..Odell Beckham Jr. came out to show week 1 was a fluke….Andrew Luck has performed more like Jay Cutler. This can’t be true, can it?….After watching Drew Brees over the first 2 weeks, I hate to say it, but I think he is on the way down….Carson Palmer has shown that his body is made of steel and he can still outperform the top Quarterbacks in this league…..Matt Jones showed why he was drafted with big promise. Alfred Morris needs to hitch a ride on the Jones Train…..Is Travis Benjamin this years Allen Hurns or Josh Gordon? Pick him up now…Tom Brady! Enough said!……Now onto Week 3.
These are premium results for the ultimate price of FREE…..Come follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/extremesportsaddicts23 for breaking news, stats, comical stories, and weekly projections. Also tune into ESPN Radio on espnradio1450.com @12:30 pm (est) every Tuesday to hear my Weekly Fantasy Sports Segment for all picks for the week and some interesting analysis from a Knowledgeable Sports Enthusiast and a Jackson Legend.
***Also for all my secret wrestling fans out there, come follow my column starting at eWrestlingnews.com..This site offers a ton of content and breaking news stories that pertain to the past and present business.
Tony Cutillo (@TCutillo23)