Week 1 Fantasy Football Recap
Standout Stars and Substandard Stiffs
- Brady…288 yds 4 TD
- Mariota……209 yds 4 TD
- C. Palmer……307 yds 3 TD
- Hyde….168 yds, 2 TD….2 rec, 14 yds
- Forte……..141 yds, 1 TD….5 rec, 25 yds
- Ivory…..91 yds, 2 TD…1 rec, 9 yds
- Jones…..9 rec, 141 yds, 2 TD
- Hopkins.…..9 rec, 98 yds 2 TD
- Gronkowski…..5 rec, 94 yds, 3 TD
- Flacco…..117 yds, 2 INT’s
- P. Manning….. 175 yds, 1 INT
- E. Manning….193 yds,
- Gore…..ZERO yds…..2 rec 31 yds
- Peterson……31 yds…3 rec, 21 yds
- Anderson…..29 yds….4 rec, 19 yds
- D, Jackson…..ZERO……ZERO……
- S. Smith…..2 rec, 13 yds
- C. Johnson……2 rec, 39 yds
Thoughts and theories from Week 1…..
- The Indianapolis Colts looked like they shopped at the salvation army instead of Bloomingdales this off-season. Their two prized possessions in Frank Gore and Andre Johnson played like overused veterans. Sir Andre caught 4-of-10 targets, gaining an embarrassing 24 yards.
- Odell Beckham Jr. was the top receiver taken off the charts in most drafts, but greatly disappointing in week 1. His Sunday night line of 5/44 is not what owners expected. Obviously this should change, but in an offense that has a shortage of weapons, the deck will be stacked against Odell for the rest of the year.
- How would you like to be a Tampa Bay fan? Besides the fact that you haven’t been relevant since President Bush, but now it seems like you took the wrong guy in the draft again! In a contest between the #1 and #2 overall picks, Marcus Mariota showed why Philly tried to give away the whole roster to get him. He went 13-16 for 209 yds and 4 Td’s in only 3 quarters.
- The questions about Peyton Manning will continue as he looked more like Billy Joe Tolliver than Peyton himself. He showed the same hesitation and missed targets that doomed his play in the final 6 weeks of the season last year. Teams will continue to stack the box to stop the short pass and make him beat them deep. He is only a QB2 in my book and is ever close to hitting Jay Cutler territory real soon.
Travis Kelce hauled in six catches for 106 yards and two touchdowns making a case for the Jimmy Graham comparison in 2015…..Russell Wilson needs to stay off Twitter and pay more attention to the opposing team’s defense…..Tyler Eifert and Austin Seferian-Jenkins are 2 names that will be in the Top 5 TE’s list by the end of the year…..John Randle looks to be the lead dog for Dallas as Darren McFadden couldn’t run his way out of a race against an over-aged nursing home….Last year was the year of the Rookie WR and this year looks to be the year of the Rookie RB. Gordon, Johnson, Coleman, and Abdullah all looked good on Sunday……Now onto Week 2.
These are premium results for the ultimate price of FREE…..Come follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/extremesportsaddicts23 for breaking news, stats, comical stories, and weekly projections. Also tune into ESPN Radio on espnradio1450.com @12:30 pm (est) every Tuesday to hear my Weekly Fantasy Sports Segment for all picks for the week and some interesting analysis from a Knowledgeable Sports Enthusiast and a Jackson Legend.
***Also for all my secret wrestling fans out there, come follow my column starting at eWrestlingnews.com..This site offers a ton of content and breaking news stories that pertain to the past and present business.
Tony Cutillo (@TCutillo23)