Week 8 Fantasy Football Recap
Standout Stars and Substandard Stiffs
- Roethlisberger……522 yds 6TD
- Brees…..311 yds 3 TD
- Brady……354 yds 5 TD
- Forte….114 yds…6 rec, 54 yds, 1 TD, 2pt Conversion
- Foster……..151 yds, 2 TD….4 rec, 22 yds, 1 TD
- Lacy…..59 yds…..8 rec, 123 yds
- Ingram…172 yds, 1 TD….1 rec, 8 yds
- Fitzgerald…..7 rec, 160 yds, 1 TD
- Hilton…..6 rec, 155 yds, 1 TD
- Brown…..10 rec, 133 yds, 2 TD
- Maclin….12 rec, 187 yds, 2 TD
- Sanders…9 rec, 120 yds, 3 TD
- Gronkowski…9 rec, 149 yds, 3 TD
- Newton…..171 yds, 1 INT
- Romo…..209 yds, 1 TD
- Flacco….195 yds, 2 INT
- Lynch…..62 yds…..1 rec, 2 yds
- Bernard……45yds, 1 TD…..2 rec, 2yds
- Tate…..26 yds, 1 TD….1 rec, 8yds
- Martin…27 yds….2 rec, -1 yds
- Wallace…..2 rec, 59 yds
- Edelman…..1 rec, 14 yds
- Jones……4 rec, 58 yds
- Marshall…..3 rec, 35 yds
- Nelson….3 rec, 25 yds
- Smith…..3 rec, 35 yds
- Olsen…..1 rec, 16 yds
Things we have learned from week 8……..
Week 8 was one for the history books and might end up as the highest-scoring week in the history of fantasy football. There were some elite performances and every position.
- two quarterbacks with at least five touchdowns
- four 400-yard passing performances
- 15 players with at least 100 yards receiving
- eight running backs with over 20 fantasy points
Ben Roethlisberger was on fire as he went 40-for-49 for 522 yards and six touchdowns.. Big Ben became the first quarterback in NFL history to record two 500-yard games…..The record is 1951 Norm Van Brocklin 554yds…..
There are only five running backs in the NFL with over 120 points in PPR formats so far this season; Matt Forte, Arian Foster, DeMarco Murray, Le’Veon Bell and Ahmad Bradshaw.
We may be witnessing the Final Farewell for Rex Ryan as the N.Y. Jets are nothing more than a glorified bye week right now…..The leash is extremely short in Cleveland as Johnny Football is ready to step out of the Playboy Mansion and onto the football field…..Blake Bortles has one hell of an arm, but has the field vision of senior citizen with glaucoma….Kyle Orton has joined the new trend of bearded pirates in the NFL and shows he’s not ready to walk the plank just yet……Jordan Reed must of taken ballet classes as a younger kid to be able to make that kind of catch on the sidelines late in the game…Colt McCoy, yes Colt McCoy beat those Cowboys and may be serviceable for the near future….The league has figured out Chip Kelly and exposed Nick Foles for what he is, AVERAGE….Old men in Zebra costumes are ruining the game of football……Marc Trestman looks as comfortable on the sideline as kid starting his freshman year of high school…Sammie Watkins learned he can’t showboat like Terrell Owens just yet…..The NFL needs more 9:30 am football games!
Tony Cutillo (@TCutillo23)
Come follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/extremesportsaddicts23 for breaking news, stats, comical stories, and weekly projections. Also tune into Spice Sports on spiceradio1200am.com @9:30 pm (est) every Friday night to hear my Weekly Fantasy Sports Segment for all picks for the week and some interesting analysis from a great group of Knowledgable Sports Enthusiasts.